Sunday, 31 May 2009

Happy Again.

I've had a fantastic weekend, although it actually started on Thursday night when I had to take Derek home from town because he was so trashed he could barely stand. After buying him Subway and finally convincing him to hop in a taxi, we made it back to our hostel. He proceeded to tell me that I was such a good friend, and that he owes me. I just laughed - Derek has been so good to me about Kip that he deserved looking after. I helped him get undressed and as soon as he hit his pillow he was out like a light.
We woke up the next morning to find out that Derek was not the only one who had too much to drink. James had decided that he would race a car home, ran, tripped, face planted and sprained his ankle. He's on crutches now and the doctor said it could be a month until he can walk on it.

Kip and his Indian girl that I saw him hooking up with are official now. Derek and James told me last night when we were chilling. I thought that it'd upset me, but mostly I was just embarrassed about how emotional I got over it all. I've learnt not to open my heart so quickly again, if only to save myself the pain and embarrassment. I'm happy for him. I think Kip and I can finally go back to being buddies again. I told him this morning that I was happy for him, and I think when he comes back from Nationals on Tuesday we're going to sit down and have a talk.

I'm happy again, thank God. I like being me and not having to worry about anything - except exams and the three essays I have due on Tuesday, of course. I'd like to have a relationship with someone, but at the same time, I don't actually mind being single. Derek says what I need is a little flirtation - something that's exciting for a bit, but then just fades away without anyone being hurt, and I think he's right, but I'm not going to go searching for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget Kip and getting serious for a few years.
You're so young. You need to try on an assortment of men to see which fits best... later you can find theguy you want to be with.

sixteensecrets said...

It's not so much about finding 'the one,' it's more about just finding a guy in general, even if we were only to last a couple of months.