Thursday, 30 April 2009

Friends With Benefits

The other night Kip and I were alone in his room. We'd just been chatting about the essay he hadn't started (and still hasn't started - due tomorrow), when we started kissing. I don't know how it happened, but it did, and it felt good. 
That is until Derek opened the door on us and said, 
"Gotcha!" We had a laugh about it and then I left, as the mood had obviously been ruined. Now Derek keeps making little jokes to me that no one else guesses. He's loving it.
He came up to my room the following night so we could talk about what happened, but it ended in a similar fashion, except this time Derek didn't walk in on us. 
"You know we can't have a relationship," he said to me as I leaned in for a kiss.
"I know, I said," and leaned in for one anyway.

And that's how our agreement came about.
"I don't want to hurt you," he said.
"I won't get hurt if I know that this is all there'll be. It's when I don't know what's going on that I get hurt," I replied. "We can just take it as it comes, we're not exclusive, I'm not expecting you to get over your girlfriend. I can still hook up with a guy in town if I want to, as can you. If we meet someone, this stops. If one of us starts getting hurt, then it stops, no questions asked."
He agreed to the rules, and so now we're lovers, or friends with benefits, or fuck buddies (without the fucking - for now). Whatever you choose to call it. We actually lay in bed and talked about his ex - and it was nice. I expected to be jealous, but I wasn't at all. I did ask him if he was imagining her when we were together, and he looked at me, horrified.
"No! That would be really weird!"
"I was just checking!"

I stayed in his room last night, which was a bad idea because Derek and two other friends live in the same pod as him, so we had to be very, very  quiet. That proved to be a challenge when we got too carried away and he had to go to the bathroom to change his pants. I set my alarm to sneak out and back up to my room at 4am, which turned into 4.10, 4.15... it was 4.30 by the time I finally left. It had been a good night. When I was trying to put my top back on he lifted me up and pulled me into his lap faster than I could think, and then as I was trying to escape he lifted me up and wrapped my legs around his waist with no strain whatsoever.

Yes, I realise this could end badly, and the chances of me being hurt are relatively high. But hey, you only live once.

No comments: