Monday, 14 January 2008

Beach Blog #3 - Thunder Thighs

As I strolled down to the water yesterday, the sand scorching my feet, I came to a realisation. Sans boardies, I discovered that my thighs are not as fat as I had originally thought. Sure, they wobble quite a bit and are never going to look like this (without serious weight training that I'm far too lazy to do):
 But at least they don't look like this:

But then again, if she's happy with her legs, then kudos to her. Although I've realised that they're not as fat as I previously imagined, I still wouldn't have enough guts to go without my shorts at the pool side with friends (who's legs are much thinner than mine), but at least I've taken the first step to acceptance - maybe my skirts and shorts will get shorter because of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, most women worry about their thighs and legs. Firstly, high heels make your legs look longer, and force the flexing of muscles with adds a shapeliness. Secondly, high-rise hip-hole swimsuits also extend the leg length. And thirdly, the more you flaunt it, the more you'll realize people aren't horrified if you have non-stickly legs. ^_^ Kudos to you.