Friday, 7 November 2008

Three Days

I have just three days left of high school. Scared, sad and excited are all adjectives that enter my mind when I think of what this means.
It means saying goodbye to the peers that I have grown up with, the teachers that have mentored me and the system that I'm used to.
I'm scared, because as I said, I'm used to the school system, and next years is going to be completely different. I'm moving out, an hour away from home, and miles away from my friends. I will know no one where I'm going.
I'm sad, because I know I won't see half these people ever again.
I'm excited, because I know the future will bring me new opportunities, new friendships and maybe a new lease on life.

PS. Although this blog is all about me, I really love to hear the accounts of what happened to you when you were my age, especially if it relates to a blog. Let's swap stories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those three adjectives are completely normal. When I graduated high school, I still remained friends with a select few people. Colleges tend to divide people. I've tried to maintain those same relationships, but like everything, things change. We all change. For better or for worse. Just keep the few people you love near and dear and maintain that contact and call occasion just to say hi. You are moving forward with your life. I am proud of you. Good luck.