Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Bedtime Story

When I went in to school the other day for a tutorial, I bumped into a friend of mine. Both of us ditched the tutorial and instead went and sat in an empty classroom where we had a good old catch up. Somehow, the topic began to change and I mentioned how I used to love being tucked in and getting my nightly bedtime story.
"I never had a bedtime story," he said to me. I was shocked.
"Not even when you were a toddler?"
"Nope."

This surprised me. I thought that all children had gotten a bedtime story when they were little. The discovery actually made me a little sad. I loved getting stories read to me (my dad would read classics like Dr Seuss, and Hairy Maclary), and the thought that my friend didn't ever get that chance makes me feel as though he missed out something. So I've decided to read him one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorites were from these collections of Greek and Norse myths I had. Excellent times!

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweetie!!!!