Thursday, 27 September 2007

BYO

The party's BYO. Bring it in a water bottle, otherwise it's too hard to control. I'm taking a water bottle. It will be full of water.

I don't drink. I don't exactly feel the need to. I have so much fun without the added alcohol, and I can get up in the morning without a pounding headache. "You have to get drunk! You'll love it!" But I love having fun without it. Why do I need to? I shan't give into your peer pressure, thank you very much.

So at this party, my drink bottle will be filled with water - or if I'm daring, lemonade - and I will enjoy myself as you get wasted and look like idiots. I will remember it forever, but you wont remember it tomorrow. Up yours, bitches!

2 comments:

MsFreshBananaPuddin said...

It's good you don't drink. but if you were a few (7) yrs older I'd have to disagree about what went in that water bottle...

msp

Saffron Susan said...

Personally, I get annoyed when people throw out the "I don't need to drink to have fun!" card. I know the phrase is burned into our memories from seventh grade health class (along with lectures about peer pressure and safe sex), but it's really an invalid argument.

Parties with alcohol are simply a different breed from parties without alcohol. People don't have less or more fun at either one, they're just different. And it's impossible to say "It's not worth it" if you've never tried enjoying the nature of the party. As a sidenote, teetotalers inevitably bring down the mood, so don't be surprised if you don't get invited to another party again.

Also, a note about getting headaches the next day -- unless you get flat out, truly hammered, chances are that you'll feel pretty much the same the next morning as you do on any other morning. Just in case that was the dissuading factor.