Monday, 2 August 2010

And the Bottle goes SMASH

Last night I did something incredibly satisfying. A physicalization of my anger, hurt and heartbreak.

As I was driving home from work, I grabbed an empty wine bottle. Then I did a drive by, and threw it out my car window and onto his driveway.

It shattered into what sounded like a million pieces, just like when my heart shattered. But this felt good. I felt so rebellious as I sped off.

It was a good release of pain. My heart was beating wildly and I can still hear the shattering in my head.

But does this make me a crazy ex now?

3 comments:

Huron_Serenity said...

If you start making a habit of "releasing" your pain in such a violent manner, then yes, you are becoming the crazy ex.

The whole notion of "releasing" pain is such bullshit. You're not releasing it, you're just expressing it; which can get rather dangerous to yourself and others if you start making a habit of it. It doesn't make it go away any faster.

Reflex said...

No, this wasn't healthy and yes you are acting like the crazy ex. If you were my ex I'd be considering calling the police if I knew it was you who did that. The drunken texts are akin to stalking. So far as I can see he was honest with you about his feelings and you are punishing him for it.

You may not be finding it easy to let himi go, but he did not break up with you dishonestly based on what you've said in this blog. If you'd walked in on him with another woman and then found out about his feelings, I could see your anger as legitimate. But instead he was up front, and then tried to move on, which is the adult way to handle a breakup.

Please see the counselor more often, I think you need this. Not because something is wrong with you, but because the first serious relationship is always the hardest when it ends, and you are legitimatly struggling with your emotions regarding it. You feel discarded, which is a judgement you are placing yourself, not one he placed.

Anonymous said...

Newly minted Crazy one - please see

Stalking
particularly
Stalking psychology