Friday, 14 August 2009

"I'm Not a Cheater"

I left town early (food poisoning and alcohol are never a good idea), but texted him, telling him that he should come and visit me when he gets back from town. He said he would, and after a few more flirty texts, he told me to throw down my keys.
Jake came up and we chatted for ages about life in general. For some reason he decided to hop on my computer and go on Facebook, and then told me to take a stupid quiz. While I did the quiz he lay down on my bed.
"Don't you dare coma on my bed," I said as I crawled over him and sat on the bed behind him.
"I won't, I won't." I started flicking him with my fingers, trying to stop him from falling asleep on my bed. He kept hitting my hand away in a playful manner, but slowly the playful slaps became caresses as we let our hands slip through each other's, brushing our fingertips over the others. Neither of us spoke. He started falling asleep, so I smacked him in a playful manner.
"No comaing!"
"I'm not. Just imagine you're somewhere else," he said to me as I got under my duvet and lay behind him. "I'm in the Caribbean."
"I'm in Tanzania."
"Tanzania, eh?"
"Have you ever been there?" He's from South Africa so I figured it was fair enough to ask.
"No, I never went outside South Africa."
"Have you ever seen a lion?"
He turned to face me and we had mindless chit chat for awhile. And then I started to run my fingers over his face, and then he kissed them. And then we kissed.
"I can't do this. I'm not a cheater,"
"Yeah, I know," I replied. He ran his hands over my cheek, and smiled at me.
"You're beautiful and if this had been any other time..."
"If I'd made a move a week earlier, huh?"
"Pretty much." He kissed me again. And a damn good kiss too.
"Chin up," he said, "you're beautiful. You are. I should probably go." He kissed me again and then he left.

I don't feel guilty, but disappointed because I think he's too honourable to ditch his girl. But if only I'd made a move a week earlier!

No comments: