Sunday, 16 August 2009

But...

A text conversation:
"You look beautiful by the way."
"Don't."
"I will do what I want when I want :)"
"You can't do what you want when you want."
"Aw that sucks, big time."
"That could have been us in there corner there."
"That's insane. In a cool way I mean."
"Instead we'll just send text messages that we shouldn't."
"Haha I like that."

We don't take our eyes off of each other, while our two friends are going at it in the corner of the bar. Finally the two split off and we go home our seperate ways. I text him later telling him to come round so that our friends can hook up, and they come with noodles in hand. Jake and I go out to make the noodles and leave them to it. He leans on the wall while I fill the jug and boil it.
"How did I get so lucky?"
"You're not lucky." I stand close to him and somehow our lips find each other. He lifts me up and sits me on the bench and we kiss until the jug boils. Then, following his instructions we make instant noodles. Then, it's back to our room where we eat noodles and then while our friends get really carried away in my bed, I sit in Jake's lap and we kiss more. We talk, as well. He calls me beautiful, he tells me about my hair. He tells me that when we first met he thought I was a lesbian. I was his first crush here. Our connection's too strong for someone who has a girlfriend. He gives me my first hickey.

I feel cheap today. I was the girl that I hoped I'd never be. We're talking about it now, and I'm just trying to figure out whether we're going to go anywhere. If he doesn't break up with his girlfriend, then that's it, I'm out and moving on.

No comments: