Monday, 16 March 2009

What A Weekend.

What a weekend. Eight of us went away to my bach for the weekend to escape the tedium of living in the student dorms (who am I kidding? It's never tedious).
Friday night we got "on the rip" - or drunk to those who don't understand my new lingo. We played drinking games and then ran wildly around on the beach. A group of us sprawled out on the sand, all lying on one another, and then slowly everyone began to fade off. Maybe they got too cold, or maybe the glow of the distant township down the beach appealed as they ran off towards it, but suddenly there was only Derek and I. Surprise surprise, we hooked up. Then almost instantly afterwards he said exactly what he'd texted me earlier on in the week. Way to make a girl feel special.
I had a bit of a mind blank, and then Kip was beside me, and I must have looked pretty upset so he gave me a cuddle, and I cried into his shoulder. I ended up sleeping on his bed with him because my emotions appeared to have got the best of me. Kip's such a sweet guy and just wants to make you feel better.

The next day things were fine. Nothing was awkward between Derek and I, which was great. Everyone chilled out for the day, and then we spent $75 on fish and chips for dinner. Needless to say, we could not eat it all, even with five boys. The night wore on and everyone called it quits pretty early, still tired from the previous night. I went into Kip and I's room, and saw that he was visibly upset about something. I lay down on his bed and we talked it out, and once again I fell asleep on his bed. I didn't want him to feel alone when he'd made me feel better the night before.

Today... well, today was a big day. We drove back from the beach, and I was in a car with Derek and two other boys. On the way, Derek said,
"You know Kip likes you, don't you?"
I denied it, because I truly believe that he didn't. Then this afternoon, him and Joe were making comments about it being a love triangle between us three. Needless to say, I did not find the jokes very funny. Soon after they started, the jokes weren't funny anymore and I left and hung around with my girlfriend Manda. The boys soon realised they'd upset me, and once I went to bed Derek came and sat on my bed and we had a good talk about how I didn't find the love triangle joke funny, especially as I didn't believe that Kip liked me. I said to him that no one likes me like that, and he said,
"What do you mean no one likes you like that? I did, but it's that whole, 'you don't screw the crew' thing. I just wanted to be mates."
"That's what I'm saying, I'm not girlfriend material. I'm always just a mate."
"That's because you're like, the ultimate chick friend." Not helping, thanks.

After he left, and we'd sorted out our stuff, Kip came to check on me.
"I saw Derek leaving, so I wanted to check that you were ok." I thanked him for being such a good friend, and told him to pull up some sheet on my bed. I gave him a friendly hug and we began to fall asleep again. We were facing each other, and slowly I felt his face get closer. I didn't think anything of it because I was drifting towards the land of nod, but soon I felt his lips on mine. He kissed me twice, two definite kisses, before I rolled away. He left soon after, and apologised as he went. I told him it was ok, and then about five minutes after he'd gone, he sent me a text,
"Sorry, that was really stupid of me. I made things worse for you. I'm really, really sorry." Having no credit, I didn't reply. I got another one about two minutes later.
"I feel like a complete asshole, I don't know what came over me. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I feel so bad now. And I'm really sorry!"
I know he's sorry. I just raced down stairs and into his room to tell him that it was ok. My only issue (aside from the obvious ones) is that Derek was right. There is a love triangle.

4 comments:

argentinito said...

muy bueno!

Anonymous said...

I am apparantly out of date on the lingo these days, does 'we hooked up' mean sex or making out? And nothing wrong with a triangle, or even playing the field a little bit, might as well see whats out there.

So far as I am concerned its much better than the loser option back home, anything that makes you forget him is a bonus.

sixteensecrets said...

Hooking up in my world means making out. I would let my bloggers know if I'd had sex!

Anonymous said...

Hell if I know, thats why I was suprised, you hadn't said anything and when I was in HS it meant sex.

Glad your meeting new people, whoever you choose better be the one who treats you right.