Saturday, 7 March 2009

The End of O Week

I am having such a fantastic time here. I am so glad that I decided to be brave and move into the unknown- I think it's the best decision I've ever made. I have a great group of friends already, and I can pretty much do whatever I want, when I want.

I've been out to town almost every night. I'm exhausted now, and I'm actually kind of glad that O Week is over. Last night our group spent most of the night in a Karaoke bar where the shots were only $3. We then went for a wander round the town, and saw a very fancy hotel. Derek, Scotty and I decided to go in and go to the top floor. Once reaching the top, we had a look round, and then I waltzed with Derek, because according to him, that's what you do in a fancy hotel. The receptionist gave us free pens to prove that we went.

Next week we're all heading to my bach - all ten of us. We're going to spend most of the time drinking and having an awesome time. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're having a good time!

It sounds cliched, but make the most of it. You'll realise what people mean by this once you hit the half way mark at university : P

A few thoughts as I'm still pretty fresh from undergrad:
- Try to have a diverse network of friends. This really helps you settle in, ensure that you don't get lonely and increases the chances of meeting people that are on your wavelength.
- Join plenty of clubs or societies (particularly helps with the above)
- Party hard, then get up for the 9am lectures anyway. Sleep is over rated, you can catch up at the weekends/holidays/after college ;)
- And the one I wish I'd paid attention to the first half of my undergrad?
Do the work. Work hard, get the most out of this opportunity to study the things you're interested in. And if you're not always interested in them, expanding your knowledge is always a good thing and undoubtedly makes you a better person. Oh, and if you're anything like me.. don't let fear of failure come between you and working hard.

Hope you keep enjoying yourself, best of luck!