Sunday, 2 March 2008

Movies I'd Like to Recommend

La Vie En Rose - I saw this movie last night. I've been dying to see it for ages, as my dad used to listen to Edith Piaf in his little French car. This move is absolutely incredible. If I could be half as good at acting as Marion Cotillard is in this film, I'd still be better than half the actresses in Hollywood. It will tear your heart out, then stitch it back up, only to tear it out all over again.
Atonement - I saw this movie twice in the opening week, and now I'm just waiting for it to come out on dvd. I haven't read the book, but this movie is just fantastic. I felt so many emotions when I watched it. The ending leaves you feeling shocked, and it stays with you for days. A friend said of the book that every time you read it you discover new things about it - well the film is just like that. I'd never been a huge fan of Keira Knightly until I saw this movie, but now she's got to be one of my favourite actresses.
Juno - I already reviewed this movie, so I won't blab on about it for ages. But it's a brilliant film, and I think that Ellen Page is just stunning, and is going to have a great career in front of her.
The Darjeeling Limited - This was a very, very strange movie. There is "part one," a short film in the beginning that doesn't really make any sense whatsoever, but then the actual film doesn't make much sense either. It's humorous and touching, funny and sad. My favourite line has got to be, "I love you too, but I'm gonna mace you in the face!"

2 comments:

nicodemus88 said...

Hi Six,

I like your reviews because you do them with "you" it personal and usefull,you use your little memories, feelings in order to criticize the movies but in this aspect the last one "Darjeeling limited" is more like a classic critic one, so I like it less, I didn't sense you as in the others ^^.

Well Juno has got good critics there in France, couldn't manage to see it (my shame) and I was sur this actress reminds me of something... take time but I find it, it 's the one who played Kitty Pride in X-men 3, well the film was awfull but hell I liked the little scenes with Kitty (I must confess I am totally found of Kitty Pride's character so my judgement is irrelevant ^^). Can I call you Kitty? Six bores me or find a nickname, I don't want to call you Sixteen or Secret (Six is a lesser evil but...)

Ps: Funny thing my old friend Gilbert, was the teacher in Art Highschool of the director of Piaf, Olivier Dayan so in the second degree I know him and on a third degree I know Marion Cotillard (the seven degrees of separations). Gilbert explained me that at this time his students and him didn't have enough money for their pencils so they stole them in the art shop ^^.

hell it's an exclusive story for your blog !!!!!

PPS. You dad had a little french car? What model? (If he listen to Piaf maybe he like other french singers? maybe Georges Brassens?

n.

sixteensecrets said...

My dad had a Renault. It was little and blue.