Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Numbers Game

I went to a party on Saturday night. A bunch of people were there who were far too young to be drinking, and then my friends who are just a few months of 18. I was having a good time, dancing with my friends when Jay arrived. He had picked us up, but had left again after dropping us off. Who knows where he had gone - probably to pick up some more booze and something. When he returned, he went over to the iPod and changed to fast paced music to something more laid back. I strolled over and grabbed it off him.
"How do you expect me to dance to that?" I said with a coy smile, changing the song to Umbrella. He smiled and we began to dance, side by side, having a laugh. We danced for the whole song, and as the next one began he slowly moved behind me, ever so subtly. I hardly noticed until I felt his presence behind me. A shiver echoed through my body as I danced with him, our bodies moving to the beat. He said I danced like a brown girl, a high compliment to be paid. We talked about university, and my plans for after high school. He asked if I went to the clubs.
"I'm sure I've seen you there before," he said to me. I shook my head,
"I'm too young,"
"When you're eighteen, I'll take you. Give me your number, you know, just so I know when to take you." I laughed, and gave it to him, shocked that he'd even asked for my number.

He texted me the day after the party, saying he wanted to get to know me. Then he texted me again yesterday. This is all so new to me. First a guy asks for my number, and then he actually texts me! My life is starting to get exciting.

No comments: