Friday, 21 March 2008

Fork in the Road

This year is my final year of high school, and I find myself severely lacking in motivation. Last year I poured my heart into school, striving for the best marks I could gain. This year I just can't be bothered, even though it's the one year that I know I have to knuckle down if I want to get into university and get scholarships.

I think it's because I don't have any career aspirations. I know I'm going to go to university and do a Bachelor of Arts, but what do I major in, and why? Where is it going to take me? I don't want to be a teacher. I don't want to be a politician. What I really want to be is an actress - it's the only thing I know I'm good at, yet I don't want to be struggling to pay the rent, which is the reality of acting. So, do I throw away my dream and step into reality, or do I accept that the only way I might truly be happy is if I'm on stage, entertaining the crowds?

1 comment:

DougOnBlogger said...

Perhaps creative writing is for you? You seem talented there to me! It's hard to find something you enjoy doing as work though. I have some artistic, creative outlets but if they ever became work they'd immediately stop being fun. It's important to try lots of things out. I also recommend physics ;)