Monday, 21 December 2009

Surgery

I've just come home from my bedside vigil at the hospital.
Ok, it's not quite as dramatic as it sounds. Well, it is a bit dramatic. Jake had his jaw broken by two gang members (strangers- he's not in a gang!) and so I rushed to be with him while he waited for his operation. Unfortunately I had to leave to get back to my hometown for work (before Christmas retailers are stuffy about getting work off, and I'd already had Sunday off). He's in post-op now and so is already on the mend.

I'll do a post later about why he's so great because everyone seems to hate him. Not that I have any need to justify my relationship. I'm happy, he's happy, and we love each other.

4 comments:

Huron_Serenity said...

"He had a skin infection on his knee from being attacked last week"

For a guy that is not in a gang, he sure gets attacked a lot.

Anonymous said...

Huron Beat me to it.
Perhaps it's time to find out why Jock Jake is getting attacked and beat up.
a. NZ is such a violent society it happens all the time.
b. Jake is frequenting a few bad areas of town.
c. Jake owes money to bad guys
d. Jake IS a gang member but 16Secrets is naive.

Anonymous said...

Gangsta dilemma simple to solve.
Jake did or di not cooperate fully with the police giving his best description in both cases of the attacks. If he hasn't, sumptins up dawgs. If he did cooperate, you need to figure out why he's being attacked and get the police to stop it.

Reflex said...

To be clear, I got nothing against the guy. I just posted that one aspect of the previous post seemed strange, but 16 cleared it up fine as I figured she would. I don't know why suddenly there is a bunch of Jake hate, but at least people are finally posting comments, eh?