Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Doormat

I'm mad at myself, because I said that this year I wouldn't be that person. I wouldn't be the person that lets everyone walk all over them, that I'd stand up and learn to say 'no.'
Am I that person again? Of course I am.

Hello, my name is Six, pushover and doormat, nice to meet you!

I spent nearly $500 buying tickets for a concert later this year, with the thought that everyone would pay me back straight away. Only two people of six have paid me. Are the others going to pay me? Eventually. They don't seem to understand that to function next semester and over my holidays, I need the money back now.

Why do I keep doing this? I lend money out all the time, and no one takes my nagging seriously when I ask for it back. I'm currently $300 out of pocket. Is asking for them to pay me back promptly really all that bad? I don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this explains why you desperately need a man to love while not caring about yourself. You need people, and neglect yourself. These should have been the years you learned to be true to yourself.