Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Sense of Relief?

His number is finally gone from my phone. I felt half sad, half relived when it was gone, but as each day goes by (i.e all two of them) and I can't text him, I feel a lot stronger. It's also satisfying to think that he's probably noticed me not texting him, and I'd like to think he's a little bit sad about it.

When I still had his number, I'd asked him to bring around a dvd of mine that I'd forgotten to get when I first went round. I just went around to get it, and was really relieved to see that he wasn't there. I left him a note:
"It's obviously too difficult for you to bring my stuff round, so I came round to get it myself to save you the hassle of having to see me. Also, I took my condoms back. It may seem petty but the thought of you using them with number eleven when I bought them for us to make love with doesn't enthrall me. - Six"
I was impressed with myself. Sure, the condom comment didn't really need to be made, but I didn't beg him to take me back. I didn't tell him I missed him. It was blunt and kind of rude, but not directly rude. I felt relieved.

I was also pleased to see when I was in his room that my birthday card was still there, and the sippy cup he'd bought for me on our first date that I'd subsequently returned was still sitting on his desk. I was tempted to snoop around a bit further but managed to restrain myself.

Yes, I do hope he gets into contact about it, but I know he won't. I don't mind, I feel relieved.

1 comment:

AFare24Get said...

Glad you're feeling relief & ease of mind. Good luck.

Blessings ~ Julian