Monday, 6 July 2009

Exchanges

Sorry about the delay in posting. I've been really busy working, and for the past five days I've had a friend staying with me. Although not just any friend, Max is more like a brother to me. Last night I took him to the airport to catch a plane back to the USA. I cried like a little girl.
However, he's inspired me to go on an exchange next year to the States. After showing me pictures of what his campus looked like, I knew I'd love to experience that same college life. They seem to have a lot more school pride than the universities of New Zealand, so I've started researching the American universities that partner mine. Americans are also surprisingly different to us Kiwis, and I think it would be awesome to experience a new way of life.

I return to campus on Saturday, and after opening "the book of Max" and taking his advice, I'm going to try and be less insecure. He said that I have no reason whatsoever to be insecure - he's never heard a bad word said about me. So I'm listening to him, and I'm going to try to worry less and have more fun. I'm also not going to worry about boys- instead I'm going to focus on my studies more. I did really well this semester, finishing with an A average. I figure if I keep this up next semester, my chances of getting scholarships are a lot higher, and maybe I could even get sponsorship to the States.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it! And I'm especially glad to hear about your grades. My gf is at Michigan State but I can't really reccomend it during the winter, its miserable there(the campus is nice though).

Anonymous said...

WHY the USA - unless it's about Max?
Americans are like Aussis.
Kiwis are like Canadians.
Vancouver Canada is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and they have the University of BC - www.ubc.ca
U-Victoria is across the water and is an amazing campus - www.uvic.ca
Perhaps there are exchanges there - certainly schools are much less expensive than the USA