Tuesday, 13 January 2009

I'm Back!

I hope ya'll didn't forget about me. I just went on my fantastic Summer holiday at our bach, which is right on the beachfront. Bliss. Anyway, I wrote two blogs whilst I was away, and this is the first.

6/01/09
A few days ago, I wrote my first blog of 2009. Well, I drafted it, ready to post when I returned. In it, I talked about how Isaiah was still constantly on my mind and that I couldn't seem to shake him.

Then yesterday, I realised that it just wasn't true. I do think of Isaiah often, but now it's more as a friend that reliving that night. I do want to be a part of his life, I want to meet his baby and I want him to come and visit me when I move away in a month. I guess a part of me will always be in love with him, but I'm no longer disappointed when I receive a text message that isn't from him.

New Year's Eve was the best I've had, not that that's saying much. I got an entirely new outfit- a black and gold strapless dress that cut just before my knee and patent black gladiator heels with little gold buckles. As we counted down, the host of the party shook up a bottle of sparkling wine and sprayed it over everyone once we reached the New Year. I ran around giving everyone a New Year's kiss - maybe I'd had a few too many. It was 1.30 in the morning when I was shoved into a taxi by my friend, not wanting the night to end.

At 10.30 I was woken, much to my disgust. My family and I had to make our way to our holiday home. I slept most of the journey and drank obscene amounts of water in an attempt to quash the hangover.

And now, I'm here, lying in the 27 degree heat. I'm stretched out on the 70's sun chair as I look out to sea. It's here that I'm truly at peace. 

P.S. Isaiah's baby arrived on the 9th. She's a healthy baby girl, and the labour went well (only an hour long). Isaiah is over the moon. He said to me that when he holds her in his arms, "everything seems to fall into place." He's sent me a picture and she's lovely. Elizabeth has her mother's light skin and her daddy's nose. I am so proud of him.

No comments: