Monday, 7 April 2008

Cinders to Cinderella

My friend was always average looking. She wasn't unattractive, but I always looked better by comparison. Although it's vain, I always felt good sitting with her at parties where there might be single boys lurking. Tall and lanky, her movements are always quite awkward. Her mousy blonde hair never did anything for her pale complexion.
Then she got a make over. She dyed her hair to a dark chocolate brown, as well as getting a side fringe and layering. Now she's gorgeous. I'm not better looking by comparison any more. Although I'm so happy that suddenly she's getting all this attention, and that she feels way more confident in herself, a part of me (a large part) is bitter because I can't do anything that dramatic to make me look good. I want someone to tell me that I look stunning like they tell her. In short, I'm jealous.

No comments: