Monday, 21 July 2008

The Afterball

After the free shot, I felt my confidence rise. As I walked past HIM, I grabbed him and whispered in his ear,
"are you going to ask me to dance tonight?" He looked at me - he'd already had four shots - and smiled. Then, grabbing my hand he took me to the dance floor.

And then didn't leave my side for the whole night.

I was sober enough to realise that he would either forget the night completely (which he did) or regret the numerous moves he made, so I restrained myself from accepting his advances. Not that I wanted to. Although everyone was concerned for me, I loved being in his arms. I loved being picked up and carried to the dance floor by him.

And sure, he may have been totally off his face, but the fact that he spent the whole night with me even though there were countless other girls who would have done whatever he wanted had got to count for something, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, and everything you've become.