Friday, 27 June 2008

A Sister's Grief

We're all moving on - sad, yes, but moving on. Getting back into reality. Everyone except my older sister - of course. After Nana died two weeks ago, she moved in with my Granddad. She doesn't want him to be alone, but she wants to be near the memory of Nana as well. She hasn't been sleeping well, she reads in a book that someone has a stroke and she bursts into tears. It's so hard for her to go on. 

She moved back tonight, and keeps talking about all these sad things, "I've got a picture of Nana all for myself," "oh Aunt Betty is devastated because she's the only one left now." We stopped speaking about how sad we were after the funeral. It was time to get back into life, and yes, we talk about it, but we don't go on and on. That's not how my family works. Because she was so busy grieving, my sister confused her exam timetable. She thought an exam that was actually yesterday, was tomorrow. Even in a state of grief I don't know how she managed to confuse Thursday with Saturday.

I know we all grieve in our own way, but I really wish she'd just get on with it like the rest of us.

No comments: